There are a few questions that the Township’s Office Staff are asked over and over again. Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions.

What are the Township Office Hours?
The Township Office is open Monday thru Thursday from 9:00am to 4:00pm and Friday by appointment only. To schedule an appointment call 610-469-0444.

Where is the Township Building located?
The Township Building is located at 1371 New Philadelphia Road, Pottstown PA 19465.
From the intersection of Route 100 and 23 travel west on Route 23 for approximately 1/10th mile then turn right onto New Philadelphia Road. Follow New Philadelphia Road to the top of the hill, approximately 1 mile. The Township Building is the last building on your right before you reach Coventryville Road. Click here to get point to point directions.

Who do I contact regarding my taxes?
For information or questions regarding real estate taxes contact:
Chester County Real Estate Taxes – Chester County’s Treasurer’s Office – 610-344-6370
Owen J Roberts Real Estate Taxes Keystone Collections Group – 1-866-539-1100
South Coventry Real Estate Taxes – Berkheimer Associates – 1-866-300-1714

For Earned Income Tax contact: Keystone Collections Group – 1-866-539-1100

For Local Services Tax ($52 a year for those employed in South Coventry Township) contact: Keystone Collections Group – 1-866-539-1100

Are the Township’s Zoning Ordinance and/or Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance available online?
Currently our Ordinances are not available online. You may examine any ordinances during normal office hours. A copy of the Zoning Ordinance or Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance may be purchased for $25 per document. A copy of the Township’s Zoning Map is available online on the Zoning & Code Enforcement page.

Does the Township require a Use and Occupancy Permit when I sell my home?
South Coventry Township requires a Use and Occupancy Certification for any property that has sidewalks or public pathways. The Use and Occupancy Certification Form can be found on our Documents and Permits page along with the Use and Occupancy Ordinance.

Where can I get a plot plan of my property? Where can I get a copy of my property deed?
Chester County provides public access to their Geographic Information System (GIS), ChescoViews, on the Chester County GIS homepage. Residents can access the tax map overlaid on an aerial picture of their property. Please note: this information is NOT a survey. If you have a question regarding property lines, you should hire a reputable land surveyor to survey your property. The Chester County Recorder of Deeds provides an online Eagle Web Records Search to obtain deed information. Copies of deeds from January 1994 to the present are available online. For older deeds, please contact the Chester County Recorder of Deeds at 610-344-6330.

How do I contact the police?
South Coventry Township is served by the Pennsylvania State Police. For all emergencies please dial 911. For non-emergency situations, please contact the Embreeville barracks at 610-486-6280.

What are the meeting dates and times for the Township’s Boards/Commissions?
Please visit the Township Calendar for upcoming board and commission meeting dates and times. Lists of upcoming meetings can also be found on each Board/Commission page by clicking on their listing under the Boards & Commissions heading at the top of this page.

Is there public water and sewer available in the Township?
Public water and/or sewer is available in limited areas of the Township. Visit the Water and Sewer page for more information and service areas or contact the Township Office at 610-469-0444.

How do I pay my water and/or sewer bill?
Payments must be made by check or money order made payable to South Coventry Township. Payments can be mailed to or dropped off at the Township Office, 1371 New Philadelphia Road, Pottstown PA 19465. Please note your account number or service address on your check. Properties served by the Ridglea Water and Wastewater System can also choose to pay there bill online using the Ridglea Online Payment Portal.

Is my water fluoridated?
There are trace amounts of fluoride naturally occurring in the Ridglea Community Water System but no extra fluoride is added to public water.

Who do I contact regarding a power outage?
PECO is the electric provider for our region. To report an outage call 1-800-841-4141. Residents can also check out PECO’s online outage map to find the general location of outages, the cause of the outage, if a crew has been dispatched and the estimated time when service will be restored. Along with the outage map you can also report an outage online at peco.com/outagemap.

Does the Township provide trash hauling?
No. Homeowners are responsible for contacting a private hauler to contract for trash and recyclable pick-up. Some local haulers include:
AJ Blosenski  –  610-942-2707
Republic Services  –  610-265-8941
Diamond Waste Disposal  –  484-985-8088
Waste Management  –  610-367-1300
Please check the yellow pages for other area hauling companies.

Where can I get rid of Household Hazardous Wastes?
South Coventry Township supports the regional Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Program. These drop-off events accept a variety of household hazardous wastes including oil based paint, household chemicals, pesticides, car batteries and antifreeze. They will NOT accept electronics or appliances during these events. Visit the Chester County Solid Waste Authority website for the schedule of regional event dates.

The Lanchester Landfill accepts small amounts of recyclable items at no charge for Chester County residents including TVs, computers and non-Freon containing appliances.  Check out their Recycling page for more information.  For other disposal options, visit www.eWastePA.org.

Large items (furniture, appliances, cabinets) that are in good condition or working order can be donated to Habitat for Humanity of Chester County to help build affordable housing in Chester County. For more information or to schedule a pick-up, visit www.hfhcc.org or call 610-466-1890.

Does the Township provide leaf pick-up or drop off areas?
No. Please contact your private hauler for information concerning leaf removal or visit Arborganic Acres, a local composting facility.

Can I burn tree limbs/leaves?
South Coventry Township does not prohibit burning. If you chose to burn yard waste, please be sure to do the following:
1.  Contact the Township Office at 610-469-0444 to be sure there is not a burning ban in place.
2.  Review and follow the Ridge Fire Company Brush Burning Tips.
3.  Contact the Chester County Fire Board at 610-436-4700 BEFORE you start burning and AFTER you finish burning to help prevent a full fire response to extinguish your controlled fire.

What fire company covers my home?
Ridge Fire Company provides fire service for South Coventry Township. Please visit their website at www.ridgefirecompany.org for more information regarding fire safety and service. Be sure to note on your insurance policy that you are a resident of South Coventry Township so a portion of your premium will be allocated to Ridge Fire Company.

Where can I get reflective house number signs?
It is very important that all properties are adequately marked so emergency responders can quickly and easily find your home. The Ridge Fire Company has green and white reflective address signs that are made-to-order for $15 each. More information and order forms can be found at Ridge Fire Company’s Reflective House Signs page or contact the Ridge Fire Company at 610-495-6063.

Where do I vote?
South Coventry Township currently only has one voting precinct and the polling location is at the Owen J. Roberts Middle School. NEW FOR 2020 – all registered voters have the option to apply for a mail-in ballot if they do not qualify for an absentee ballot.  For further information about mail-in ballots or questions regarding your voter registration, please visit www.votespa.com or contact Chester County Voter Services at 610-344-6410.

Who do I contact about potholes, road hazards or down road signs?
For state roads, including Daisy Point Road, Harmonyville Road, Pottstown Pike (Route 100), Pughtown Road and Ridge Road (Route 23), contact the PennDOT Chester County Maintenance Office at 484-340-3200. The Township Office should be contacted at 610-469-0444 regarding issues involving Township roads.

Who should I contact to report a dead deer on the side of the road?
Please report dead animals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission at 610-926-3136.  If you are reporting a dead deer along the road, be sure to provide a nearby address to assist in locating the animal.

Does my building project require a permit?
Most projects require a permit. For a list of exceptions please click here. Uncovered decks less 30 inches above grade, patios and accessory structures (i.e. sheds, carports) less than 1000 square feet require a Zoning Permit. The most frequently requested permit applications can be found on the Documents & Permits page.  Please contact the Township Office at 610-469-0444 with any permit questions.

What are the requirements for installing a fence?
Please refer to the Township’s Fence Guidelines when installing a fence.

What local youth sports opportunities are in the area?
Please visit our Youth Sports page for contact information for local youth sports organizations.